An introduction

This is a semi-public place to dump text too flimsy to even become a blog post. I wouldn't recommend reading it unless you have a lot of time to waste. You'd be better off at my livejournal. I also have another blog, and write most of the French journal summaries at the Eurozine Review.

Why do I clutter up the internet with this stuff at all? Mainly because I'm trying to get into the habit of displaying as much as possible of what I'm doing in public. Also, Blogger is a decent interface for a notebook

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Qatar arms to Libya

The New York Times reports that:
for the first time, Qatar put the question of supplying arms to the rebels on the table, but no agreement was reached.


Well, not really for the first time. Qatar has been pushing for arms shipments to the rebels for a long time:
"If they will ask for weapons, we're going to provide them," the amir, who is on a visit to the United States, told CNN in an interview. [xinhua, 15 April]


And the New York Times itself has reported on the rebels receiving foreign weapons, and speculated that Qatar is one source of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment