An introduction

This is a semi-public place to dump text too flimsy to even become a blog post. I wouldn't recommend reading it unless you have a lot of time to waste. You'd be better off at my livejournal. I also have another blog, and write most of the French journal summaries at the Eurozine Review.

Why do I clutter up the internet with this stuff at all? Mainly because I'm trying to get into the habit of displaying as much as possible of what I'm doing in public. Also, Blogger is a decent interface for a notebook

Thursday, February 17, 2011

father ted is not english, and other ignored obvious truths

It's intriguing how often we, as consumers, are willing to believe (without evidence) that something originates in our own country. Somehow, in the back of my head, I had the idea of Father Ted coming from England. I mean -- a more Irish setup would be hard to imagine. Yet somehow I choose to belive in the home-origin.

ETA: I'm doubly an idiot. Father Ted was, in fact, made for Channel 4

No comments:

Post a Comment