An introduction

This is a semi-public place to dump text too flimsy to even become a blog post. I wouldn't recommend reading it unless you have a lot of time to waste. You'd be better off at my livejournal. I also have another blog, and write most of the French journal summaries at the Eurozine Review.

Why do I clutter up the internet with this stuff at all? Mainly because I'm trying to get into the habit of displaying as much as possible of what I'm doing in public. Also, Blogger is a decent interface for a notebook

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Patch: blogger post from stdin for googlecl

Going to start hijacking this blog, to record/link to patches I submit to various open-source projects. As with everything else on here, it's mainly to ensure I can find these little snippets a few months later.

So, to start, something intended for this blog itself. A patch to the google commandline tools enabling the "google blogger post" command to post content read from stdin (adding to the current options of supplying a string or a filename). Usage is the traditional '-' in place of a filename.

This enables two pieces of functionality I'd find very useful:
A) filter content through other programs. e.g. using markdown to HTMLify my content:
$ markdown post.txt | google blogger post -
B) make a blogpost from within vim, by selecting my post content and piping it to googlecl

No comments:

Post a Comment