An introduction

This is a semi-public place to dump text too flimsy to even become a blog post. I wouldn't recommend reading it unless you have a lot of time to waste. You'd be better off at my livejournal. I also have another blog, and write most of the French journal summaries at the Eurozine Review.

Why do I clutter up the internet with this stuff at all? Mainly because I'm trying to get into the habit of displaying as much as possible of what I'm doing in public. Also, Blogger is a decent interface for a notebook

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Ban

Der Spiegel, like everybody else, pulls apart Ban Ki-Moon

Jacob Heilbrunn, a commentator for the respected American journal Foreign Policy, called Ban "the world's most dangerous Korean." The moniker is a terrible insult, since by rights it belongs to Kim Jong Il, North Korea's erratic dictator. But it's also a gauge of the disappointment currently reigning in the United States. Heilbrunn fears the UN is rapidly becoming irrelevant under Ban's stewardship. Ban's sole achievement is having attained his post, Heilbrunn claims, calling the secretary-general a "nowhere man."

No comments:

Post a Comment