An introduction

This is a semi-public place to dump text too flimsy to even become a blog post. I wouldn't recommend reading it unless you have a lot of time to waste. You'd be better off at my livejournal. I also have another blog, and write most of the French journal summaries at the Eurozine Review.

Why do I clutter up the internet with this stuff at all? Mainly because I'm trying to get into the habit of displaying as much as possible of what I'm doing in public. Also, Blogger is a decent interface for a notebook

Thursday, September 24, 2009

films

Am I just noticing films more at the moment, or are there a lot of good new films floating around? I'm thinking of the following -- none of which I've seen, all of which I want to see.

  • District 9 -- political commentary in the form of Science Fiction. i.e. what written SF has always been about, but with a budget.
  • Neuilly sa mère, a comedy about the class divide in Parisian suburbs
  • Inglorious basterds. The only WWII film I have any desire to watch

No comments:

Post a Comment